Once again, I find myself slacking off on my reading. It is already May, and I’ve only read a few books this year. I seem to be spending more time reading topical sites, such as Hacker News, Reddit, and Slashdot, than continuing to reading longer form pieces.
I still do most of my reading on my iPad using an app, like the Amazon Kindle app or the DropBox app. This works really well when reading technical manuals, since the iPad can show color, photos, and diagrams better than the normal e-ink Kindle.
Below is the list of books I’ve completed in 2016. I’ve also included links to my past book reading lists.
- Strength Rules by Danny Kavadlo (24 JAN 2016)
- Ansible: Up and Running by Lorin Hochstein (19 FEB 2016)
- Leviathan Wakes (Expanse Book 1) by James S. A. Corey (2 MAR 2016)
- Handle Your Business by Pete Keen (15 MAY 2016)
- Law 101: Everything You Need to Know About American Law by Jay M. Feinman (26 MAY 2016)
- Caliban’s War (Expanse Book 2) by James S. A. Corey (8 JUN 2016)
- Abaddon’s Gate (Expanse Book 3) by James S. A. Corey (26 JUN 2016)
- Cibola Burn (Expanse Book 4) by James S. A. Corey (5 JUL 2016)
- Whispering Woods (MTG Book 02) by Clayton Emery (02 SEP 2016)
- Shattered Chains (MTG Book 03) by Clayton Emery (15 SEP 2016)
- Final Sacrifice (MTG Book 04) by Clayton Emery (6 OCT 2016)
You can view my reading lists from previous years using the list below.
I was thinking earlier that I have no idea who Caliban is and why it’s his war. Then I realized it’s the same way with Abaddon and his gate. And what is Cibola and why is it burning? With Leviathan Wakes you can pretty easily connect Leviathan with the Protomolecule, but I’m lost for the other four except maybe Nemesis Games. Quick google searches provided no real answers. I have (shamefully) not read the novellas so if there are any clues there, I wasn’t aware.