Run the following ex command
: Ex mode command
% Process command on the entire buffer
s search and replace command
/,/\t/ search for any commas, and replace with a <tab> character.
g process command globally
To paste the data from GVim to Excel, you would.
- In normal mode, type: ggVG Like Ctrl-A on windows
- You should now have the entire buffer selected
- While still in normal mode, type: "+y Like Ctrl-C on windows
- You should now have the data on the windows clipboard
- Switch to Excel, Ctrl-V to paste the data from the clipboard.