Am I the only one who feels that Microsoft keeps changing how to setup custom paper sizes for printing with each new version of Windows?
Today, I needed to configure an XP machine so that it could print correctly to an impact printer loaded with 8.5" X 7" tractor feed paper. Lucky for me I finally located a solution.
- In Windows XP, start the printer control applet. (Start -> Printers and Faxes)
- Select the Menu Bar labeled "Printer Tasks". (also you may need Administrator rights)
- From the File menu select "Server Properties" (Print server properties)
- Select the "Forms" tab
- Check the box labeled "Create a New Form" and enter the page sizes you need.
- Type in a form name in the "Form Name:" box.
- Click on the "Save Form" Button.