12 MAR 2005 @ 1000
Even though I arrived late, I really enjoyed Mr. Manu's presentation on imagination and the power of play.
• Told story about the introduction of foam to replace sand for the high jump pit. This change cause an athlete to re-examine his form for the high jump and develop the back jump.
• Told his idea for selling socks as individual clothing items instead of in pairs. He pulled up his pants to show his non-matching socks.
• Dichotomy of Work and Play: Mastery of play, possibilities. What could be possible?
• CPO: Chief Possibilities Officer
• Tactical to protect, Strategic to create
12 MAR 2005 @ 1130
Mr. Chipp Walters, proudly wearing his cowboy hat, took the lead on this panel.
- His companies include: Design Edge(1984), Human Code(1995), and Altuit(2000)
- Magic Carpet, his CVS like tool
- Button Gadget
Mr. Michael McGar heads Alchemy Studios in Wimberley, TX.
- Painter for 11 years.
- Media creation, teacher.
His company produces and creates trainging video for Goverment and Private accounts. He showed a sample training video on how not to blow yourself up.
12 MAR 2005 @ 1530
The slides from his presentation can be found online at lab404.com/austin. He covered some interesting topics including tools to help you generate designs.
Blogging without Borders: Bridging the Digital Content Divide - Panel Discussion
Jonas Luster [bio], Sean Bonner, Christopher Ulbrich [bio], Ze Frank [bio], and Hossein Derakshan [bio]
12 MAR 2005 @ 1700
Chris Ulbrich, who doesn't blog, made a few interesting points. All journalists read blogs. How well does a story age? Ze Frank covered contagious media and his dance party video.
Jonas's Bloggers without Borders site