It's Monday night and I have the TV tuned into Monday Night Football. Below are some of the notes I made during the second day of Gnomedex.
Future of Online Content:
- Hackaday.com - new blog
- Content syndication - permalinks to all post, all comments
- How to pay for content? i.e. NY Times registration, Wall Street Journal $$$
- PodCasting - Downloading content to iPod [How-to]
- Chillingeffects.org - lawsuits for blogging
- downhillbattle.org - covers Induce Act
- engadget.com - writers just focus on content
Wil reads selected stories from his two books. I was surprised that he droped the f*** bomb more than Jason Calacanis. :-) Anyway, I enjoyed Wil's stories so much that I purchased "Just a Geek" today during lunch.
Future of Online Advertising:
- Google Adsense - Chris Pirillo swears by it!
- Blogads.com - Dave Taylor confirms that one can use Blogads with Google Adsense.
- Amazon Affiliate - Dave Taylor seemed to be the only person in the room making any decent money from this program.
- FOAF Project - Friend of a Friend Project
After dinner, Scott Gatz gave a presentation on Yahoo's new beta of MyYahoo. Nice.
Next, Chris Pirillo gave a 20 minute talk on the past, present and future of Lockergnome. Chris is planning Gnomedex 5.0.
I also watched "Primer" at Harveys.