« FireFox Pet Peeve | Main | Tivo and Netflix Tag Team »

September 05, 2004

Setting the SkyScan Atomic Clock

This morning my wife noticed that our SkyScan Atomic Clock (Model # 86722ALU) was not displaying the outdoor temperature.  After replacing the batteries in the temperature transmitter and the clock, I couldn't remember how to set the silly thing.

With the help of Google, I found the instructions .

-Chris

Updated: 11 NOV 2005
Manuals Page
Main Page

Updated: 28 August 2005
La Crosse Technology : Radio Controlled Clocks
Outdoor Sending Unit: LaCrosse Technology TX6U Wireless Temperature Sensor

Updated: 26 October 2005
Even though my clock has a Skyskan label, this clock from La Crosse Technology could be its twin. [via Amazon]

Posted at 11:46 AM in Hardware | Permalink

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Setting the SkyScan Atomic Clock:

Comments

Hi Chris;

Like you I,ve lost my instruction in setting the skyscan atomic clock. If you would, please send me the information I'll need to get this thing back on track.

Thank you!!!..

Jim

Posted by: jim haley | Sep 13, 2004 10:53:51 PM

Chris,

Many thanks for posting this information. I just returned home from a four month stay overseas and had this same problem presented to me by my wife. After spending about 30 minutes surfing the web, I came across your information.

Wayne

Posted by: Wayne | Sep 28, 2004 9:57:18 AM

I also lost my instructions. Thank you for sharing. Once again I can be on time.

Posted by: Diane | Oct 5, 2004 7:40:54 PM

thanks a million was going to buy a new one just for the instrutions < i no bad spelling
why do you think i had to look for help thanks
zaak

Posted by: zaak | Oct 20, 2004 3:30:37 PM

this was of great help...thanks!

Posted by: Bruce Kolesar | Oct 22, 2004 10:37:08 AM

Thank you so much for posting the instructions to reset the Skyscan Clock. I wish I had looked for them sooner.

Posted by: siobhan | Oct 24, 2004 8:56:21 PM

Thanks so much for posting the instructions..we have been messing with this for quite some time.. can't get it to auto-set the correct time..

Posted by: SKH | Oct 28, 2004 3:06:30 PM

Do you know where to get instructions for other Skyscan models......googling seems to only get places that either review the product or sell it. Thanks.

Posted by: alan | Oct 31, 2004 3:26:34 PM

Alan -

Other models are listed on the Docs page.

-Chris

Posted by: Chris | Oct 31, 2004 10:57:06 PM

I too lost my instructions, my clock is set on a foreign language and I need to set it for english, day of week etc, please send me instructions, I have a moon phase skyscan. Thank You!

Posted by: elizabethkristovich | Nov 1, 2004 8:29:30 PM

Thank you for thinking that others might have the same dilemma as you. I never thought I'd ever see the instructions for my clock again.
This makes me think about the other electrical "gadgets" I gave up on because I had lost the instructions.

Posted by: Jerry Garfunkel | Nov 3, 2004 7:32:12 AM

You're the greatest. Lost my instruction manual and spent a bit of time online to find this site...not sure what is wrong but the time keep setting itself for East Coast time rather than Mountain time...anyway the instructions will help to fix that.
Thanks

Posted by: Bob | Nov 5, 2004 9:42:42 PM

Thank you very much for posting these instructions. I was having trouble finding them with Goodle. Instead I found your instructuons with Google.

Posted by: Pariveshi | Nov 7, 2004 1:26:09 PM

I have taken one atomic clock back to Sam's. I am on my second clock,and I am about to take this one back also because of the outside temp. display. If anyone else is having problems with this maybe you have a solution.

Posted by: Dickie Rembert | Nov 10, 2004 4:40:09 AM

Thank you for this bulletin. It has been a great help and you have done a great service.

Posted by: JB | Nov 24, 2004 2:59:32 PM

I agree with all above comments, my outside temp alst gave up the ghost, and I too failed to put the instructions in a findable place, many thanks. And it seems there is a problem with the outside temp sender.

Posted by: bobtheoutlaw | Dec 9, 2004 1:21:18 PM

My problem is not knowing how to set the clock up I have my Booklet, My problem is that no matter where I put the outside sensor or at what temp. it is outside the outside temp. says OF.L It worked fine for about a month and then started messing up Any Suggestions, Do I have a bad sensor and if so how do I get a new one.
RESP.

Posted by: Marie Ely | Dec 12, 2004 10:05:23 AM

can not set clock

Posted by: anthony sabia | Jan 4, 2005 8:17:24 AM

Many thanks for posting these instructions!! You've saved me at least two hours trying to locate mine. (I've got them here SOMEWHERE!) What a tremendous help. Thanks again.

Posted by: Karon Vass | Jan 6, 2005 3:46:34 PM

Having problems with outside temp.went through instructions several times also new batteries still no temp.

Posted by: George | Jan 7, 2005 12:59:11 PM

Anyone,,,,,Where can I get a temperature transmitter (433MHz) for my Skyscan #86722alu? Thank you.

Posted by: Larry | Jan 16, 2005 4:10:00 PM

Just wanted to add my thanks -- have not had correct time since changing batteries. Has been that way for months. Now I am waiting for tonight, or several hours at least, to see if it automatically resets correctly.

Posted by: Keith | Jan 22, 2005 11:24:04 AM

The directions are at http://www.skyscaninfo.com/docs.htm, not http://www.skyscaninfo.com/docs.html

Posted by: John | Jan 25, 2005 10:21:36 AM

My new sykscan atomic clocks outside temp. sensor is off 8-9 degrees. I am returning it ti Sams Club this week cfor that reason. No problems with the clock keep time though, just the temp, sensor.

Posted by: Ezra Neal | Jan 31, 2005 9:08:38 AM

After packing and unpacking mutliple times I was luck to find my clock let alone the instructions. The last move it set itself perfectly but in a new time zone I couldn't get it right. Thanks for posting the instructions as I love this clock and would be lost without it.

Posted by: MSG G | Feb 20, 2005 8:10:44 AM